The season is changing, and we are nearly halfway through the year.
The last few weeks I have caught myself focusing on what I have planned, but did not get done the past 5 months. It left me frustrated and even more unproductive.
I realised it is time to make a few changes.
Here is what you can do to Refocus and Re-energise
1.Make a list of what would you really love to get done by the end of this year. Ask yourself:
- What are my 3 biggest priorities for the rest of the year?
- What significant difference would each one make in your life
- What one thing would I regret if I did not get it done by the end of the Why is this so important to you?
- What is the MOST important thing I want to complete?
2.Revisit your daily routine. Shifting things around a little will bring new energy. Ask yourself:
- Where can I change the order of the things I do. E.g. Go for a run in the afternoon instead of gym in the morning.
- What new routine or ritual can I start E.g. Add meditation to my day or drink more herbal tea.
3.Organise your desk and revive your workspace
- Move things on your desk/workspace around to make your life easier.
- Go through those heaps of paper, sort and file everything to the last page.
- Put up some fresh inspirational images or quotes around your desk (check out https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/quotes)
4.Change one self-sabotaging habit
Where do you sabotage yourself on a daily basis? For example, I used to check my email first thing in the morning and often only look at my “To Do” list around 10am. I swopped those around and all of a sudden I am much more productive. What could you do differently or stop doing?
Some material was borrowed from https://www.thecoachingtoolscompany.com